CALSTART is hiring a Senior Government Contracts Accountant to be the subject matter expert for the OMB, 2 CFR 200, federal procurement requirements, and other regulations specific to government contracting. This role will provide critical insight into the continued efforts around improving and facilitating cross-functional relationships between Accounting and Project Management across the company. In addition, this role includes financial analysis and business support through applicable policies, procedures, and business needs.
Additionally, the Senior Government Accountant will:
- Review contracts to ascertain: the presence of federal funding; Cost reimbursement vs milestone-based vs. time and materials billing terms; Contract/project reporting requirements.
- Ascertain and communicate contract compliance to appropriate personnel issues that impact project operations.
- Manage contract billings in accordance with funding contract terms and conditions to include preparing contract billings on a timely basis.
- Review subcontractor/subrecipient contract billing submissions in accordance with terms and conditions of subcontract/subaward.
- Monitor subcontractor/subrecipient compliance with subcontract/subaward terms and conditions.
- Quarterly reporting on Federal contracts.
- Liaison with funding agency and/or subcontractors/subrecipients regarding contract finance and other issues.
- Monitor contract finance (billings/costs v. budget) and communicate contract financial status with appropriate personnel.
- Monitor contract status (contract term/period of performance, reporting requirements, etc.) and advise appropriate personnel.
- Assist with preparation project budgets, budget modifications and contract amendments.
- Update and monitor contract log to advise program managers of contract status.
- Assist in grant close-out processes.
- Perform general accounting duties such as journal entries, particularly as they relate to contract billings and subcontractor/subrecipient billings.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized #cleantransportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college/university (Minimum).
- 5 + years of relevant accounting experience, particularly with government contracts/grants accounting and compliance. Nonprofit experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of auditing functions, particularly as they relate to verifying costs and expenses.
- Knowledge of government contracting, procurement processes, OMB, FAR and other regulations specific to government contracting.
- Experience in reporting requirements and procedures related to federal, state, other agencies, cost accounting, government accounting and auditing.
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel and document management applications such as Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability and initiative to identify issues and research optimal solutions.
- Ability to seek out and provide support for others as a team member.
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred by not required
- Familiarity with Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance or 2 CFR 200 [Formerly OMB A-110, A-122, and A-133]), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and state cost accounting standards (Typically California).
- Expertise in computerized accounting and reporting applications (Preferably Sage 100/MAS90).
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
CALSTART includes the complete salary range amount (minimum to maximum) the job level of the job announced. We determine pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Pay for this role will typically be from $72k - $85k.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.